Although there are many great features with using the Stripe integration, it is possible to link to an alternative payment gateway, provided they have a Checkout page or system that you can link to. This is a great option if you're in a country that is not yet supported through Stripe or if you prefer working with another system. Here are steps to connect with PayPal.
1. Find Your Checkout URL
- Before starting with this guide, we will need the checkout URL for your external payment system. Once you find it, save it for a later step. If you are using PayPal, retrieve your PayPal Checkout URL with these instructions.
2. Create Landing Page
In this step, we will create the landing page that will be used as your sales page. Customers will be redirected to this landing page from your site store.
- First, let's create a new landing page from the landing page tab:
- When selecting a landing page theme, be sure to use the sales preset. The sales preset will have the necessary elements of a sales page:
Landing Page Suggestions:
- Balboa Ballast
- Element (Video)
- Illuminate Ogilvy (multiple payment options)
3. Add PayPal Checkout URL to Landing Page
Next, we will be adding the Checkout URL to the landing page.
- First, locate the Call To Action (CTA) action button in the Landing Page settings. The easiest way to do this is to click the Call To Action button in the preview on the right side of the page. This will take you to the proper setting in the menu on the left:
- Now select "Go to a URL" for the button action, then paste the PayPal Checkout URL into the URL field.
- Click Save when you're done.
4. Create Sales Page
Remember sales pages are displayed in the store. Even though we will be using a Landing Page as a sale page, we still need to create an actual sales page to be displayed in your site store.
- Now, let's go to the Sales tab, then click the Sales Page tab:
Note: You are not required to add any offers to the sales page since we will be bypassing the Kajabi checkout process.
- Click "+New Sales Page" at the top right
- Next, scroll down to the redirect section, then select the Landing Page from the drop-down list.
Upon successful completion of this guide, your customers will be redirected to a Landing Page from your site store. When they are ready to buy, the action button on that Landing Page will then redirect them to your third-party checkout page to complete the checkout. If your payment provider is included in Zapier, you can use these instructions to send your purchase data back to Kajabi to automatically create their member profile.
Note: If you do not use Stripe, you will lose all Sales Dashboard and Affiliate Program functionality.