On some mobile devices, Chrome browsers display a download button, regardless of the settings we provide in the Theme editor. The truth is, if a video is posted on the internet, then it can be found and downloaded. Chrome just makes this process simpler by providing a button. That being said, while we are working on a more permanent fix for you, you can insert this code into your product to remove this button.
- First, go to your Products Tab:
- Next, click on the appropriate Product from the list and go to its Appearance tab:
We recommend that you use Premier Theme for your active theme, but this can still be done with a different theme.
- Next, click on the 3 dots to the right of your theme and click Edit Code:
- Click to open the Assets folder:
- Click to open the override.scss file for Premier themes (other themes: go to the very bottom of the styles.scss.liquid file):
- Lastly, paste this code into your override.scss file and click Save:
width: calc(100% + 30px); /* Adjust as needed */}
After you click Save, Preview your Product to see no download button!