The Facebook Comments plugin lets people comment on content on your site using their Facebook account. If people wish to they can share this activity to their friends and friends of friends in News Feed as well. It also contains built-in moderation tools and special social relevance ranking.
First, make sure you are logged-in to Facebook then use these instructions to configure and generate HTML snippets for Facebook Comments plugin. The snippet generator will ask for the following:
- The "URL to comment on" is your Landing Page URL, which can be found with these instructions.
- Set the width of your comments plugin to 100% so it fits nicely on your blog post pages.
- Set how many comments you want to show, by default it's 5.
- Click the Get Code button to generate your comments plugin code.
- A window will pop-up with a drop-down menu to select an App ID (this is important) & showing 2 sets of code. A Facebook App ID is required for sites having multiple comments box. Click here to learn how to create a Facebook App ID
Facebook Comments plugin requires two set of codes added to your site. The first code needs to be placed after the opening BODY tag of your Landing Page.
- First, go to your Landing Pages tab > click on the 3 dots to the right of your theme, then click Edit Code:
- Click on the Templates folder and click index.liquid to open the file.
- Locate the
<body>tag and paste the first code from Facebook just below it.
- Next, customize your Landing Page and click +Add Section:
- Then, choose Facebook Comments:
- Even if they don't show up immediately, click Add:
- Then, click and you have completed the process!