If you are hosting a live webinar inside of a Kajabi Landing page, the simplest service to use is Youtube live. Follow this guide to learn how to setup your Youtube live Stream.
Before you get started with your live stream you will need a verified youtube account.
Verify Youtube Account
- To verify your account, click your user icon in the top right corner, then click the gear icon:
- Next click "view additional features"
- Now click "Verify"
- Continue through the steps to verify your account with a phone number:
- You should see a check next to the verified button when you are done:
Now that your account is verified, it's time to get the live stream setup!
- First, click on your channel icon, then "Creator Studio":
- Then click the "Stream Now" section on the left:
Before you can start streaming on YouTube, you will need to download an encoding software, and then set it up to send your stream to Youtube Live.
Tip: Click here for a full list of encoders that are supported by Youtube.
Once you have downloaded an encoding software, you will add the Stream name/key into the encoder's settings.
For this guide, we will be using OBS.
Setting up OBS
OBS is an open source software for streaming live media on the web - in this case, Youtube Live. The software is free and pretty easy to use once you get going.
- First, download and install OBS onto your computer.
- Click here to download the software
Once the software is installed, you should be taken to its main screen:
The next part is easy, we will be adding the stream key from your Youtube Live account, to the settings in OBS. This basically tells OBS where to send the Live Stream data.
- Click Settings in the bottom right corner:
- Next, click Stream from the menu on the left, then use these settings:
Stream type: Streaming Services
Service: Youtube / Youtube Gaming
Now it's time to get the Stream Key from your Youtube Live account, and then paste it into the settings in OBS.
- Click here to return to your youtube live dashboard
- Copy the Stream name/key at the bottom:
Note: Anyone with this key can live stream on your YouTube channel. Keep it secret.
- Next, paste that Stream Key into the settings in OBS:
Perfect, your live stream is ready! Click "Start Streaming" at the bottom right to begin your live Stream.
If you've setup everything correctly, you should be streaming OBS onto your Youtube Live Feed.
Tip: Need to learn how to use OBS? Here's a really cool tutorial.
Tip: Click here to learn how to use your live stream for a webinar