Learn how to add downloadable content to a landing page. This setup is ideal for a free ebook or pdf giveaway.
In this guide, we will be creating two landing pages. The first landing page will contain an opt-in form. After this form is submitted, the visitor will be redirected to a second landing page where they will download the content.
Create your first landing page!
First, we will create the initial landing page that contains the opt-in form.
- Go to the marketing tab, then click +New Landing Page
- Once your landing page text and/or images have been added to the page, select an optin form to be integrated into the page. If you do not already have a dedicated opt-in form, click the edit your forms link to create a new one.
Create a "Thank You" landing page
Now it's time to create the second landing page. This page will be called a "Thank You" page. Its purpose is to thank your visitors for opting into your list and to provide them with their free gift.
Note: If possible, it's recommended to use the same theme as your first landing page. This familiarity will help maintain your visitor's comfortability.
- Go to the action button settings by clicking the action button in the preview plane on the right.
- Next, change the button action to Download a file, then upload the file to the button.
Great job! We're almost done.
Add a Thank You page redirect
In our last step, we will configure a redirect on the opt-in form. This redirect will send your visitors to the "Thank You" landing page when they submit the form.
- Return to the first landing page, then within the form section, click edit your forms
- Next, find the form on the list then click edit.
In the details tab of form settings, you will see a Thank you page section. Select the appropriate landing page from the drop-down list.
- Once you've selected the thank you page, your visitors will be redirected to this page once the form is submitted.
Landing Page > Opt-in Form > Thank You Page