This article explains how Kajabi is preparing for the General Data Protection Regulation and how you can prepare your business to be compliant.
What's the GDPR?
The European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into effect on May 25, 2018. This regulation drastically changes how companies collect and process the personal information of those residing in the European Union. You can find official information about the GDPR at https://www.eugdpr.org/.
How is Kajabi preparing for the GDPR?
Kajabi is a company that processes information from people all over the world, whether that information is of our customers and prospect or your customers and prospects. Therefore, Kajabi is taking the GDPR very seriously and is 100% committed to being GDPR compliant by May 25, 2018.
Here are some of the things Kajabi is doing to make sure it is GDPR compliant:
- Consulting outside counsel and trust companies to evaluate and remediate Kajabi processes and feature into compliance with the GDPR.
- Ensuring EU customer's can request to be deleted by Kajabi
- Working with our third-party processors to obtain contracts that comply with the GDPR.
- Reviewing all features and making any necessary changes to ensure compliance.
- Building new features that allow Kajabi customers to remain compliant.
How can you prepare for the GDPR?
- Consult a legal professional to help you evaluate the GDPR and how it affects you.
- Stay tuned for more updates and guides from Kajabi to help you make sure you are set up for compliance and success in this new landscape!